Thursday, March 31, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog



Above you will find a video from author Daniel Pink. With his New York Times Best Selling "A Whole New Mind: Why Right Brainers Will Rule The Future" he detailed with humor, science, and real world application how innovation and creative thinking will play larger roles in the future of our economy. As an educator I have long seen the value of these skills but there has been a significant gap in connecting our passions with our professions, our visions with our vocations. It is my goal to bridge that gap and to examine the different ways to motivate my students in an increasingly changing world. All too often we brush off a new technology as simply a "new toy". The reality is that the majority of our advances involve communications in one form or another. The ability to contribute and connect has defined the paradigm of the early 21st century.

This blog will serve as not only my way of sharing some specific techniques I have found effective with my students but also a platform for other educators to share their experience and expertise. We are no longer encumbered by the restraints and hierarchies of traditional media. Through the use of Web 2.0 tools we have the ability to connect, to share ideas and in a way the playing field has been level by the value of what we say and not the person saying it. These are exciting times and I look forward to walking this cutting edge with you all. Please take a moment to leave a comment below. I would love to launch this blog with a lively discussion.

How have you motivated your students through the use of technology?

Daniel Pink - "A Whole New Mind: Why Right Brainers Will Rule The Future" link

No comments:

Post a Comment